NuAge PC has been getting plenty of phone calls lately from concerned customers who are wondering why their computer is acting very unusual. The truth is 99% of the time this means your computer has been infected by a virus or malware. With this “Signs my Computer has a virus” post, NuAge PC is using our platform to give our customers a basic idea as to the warning signs that your computer may have a virus. Listed below are some of the most common signs…
1. Slowdown: Does it take longer than usual for your operating system to boot up? Are you waiting too long for some of your programs to start? It’s a known fact that malware has the tendency to slow down your operating system, your Internet speed or the speed of your applications.
2. Pop Ups: One of the most annoying signs of malware is represented by the unwanted pop-up windows. Unexpected pop-ups which appear on the system are a typical sign of a spyware infection.
3. Crashes: If your programs or your system regularly crash or the infamous BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) appears regularly, it’s a clear warning that your system is not working properly and you should look into it.
4. Running out of hard drive space: Regarding the hard drive, you also need to check if your physical storage space has been increasing lately or if some of your files disappeared or had their names changed.
5. New Browser home page, new tool bars and/or your browser opens unwanted websites: Did you notice your home page has been changed and you don’t seem to know why? A new toolbar seems to be placed at top of your web browser? Have you tried to access your favorite blog, but you were sent to a different address?This usually happens when you visit a website and you accidentally click an online link or a pop-up window. This action triggers the download and install of a secondary software, which is not only annoying, but also malicious.
6. Unusual messages or programs starting automatically: If, all of a sudden, you see programs opening and closing automatically, your Windows operating system shutting down without reason or you have strange windows in the booting process and Windows lets you know that you lost access to some of your drives, this is something you should worry about.
7. Your security solution is disabled: Your antivirus solution doesn’t seem to work anymore or the Update module seems to be disabled.
8. Your friends say they receive strange messages or e-mails from you: Are your friends telling you that they received suspicious e-mails from you or instant messages from your social media account containing attachments or links?
Disregarding these warning signs can be very harmful to any computer especially if the computer contains valuable information. We’ve hear stories from some of our customers about them losing all of their business payroll information or other important personal documents because of viruses corrupting their computer. If your computer has any of the symptoms listed above contact us today at (305) 421 -7264 or schedule an appointment with one of our technicians on our website, www.nuagepc.com. With your computer it’s always better to be proactive rather than reactive later.