It’s a little past the halfway point this year and NuAge PC wants to give our customers some simple ways to improve your technology at home for the remainder of 2016!
- First make sure to have an ACTIVE antivirus solution because sometimes our customers are paying for licenses and then it expires and is never renewed.
- Make sure antivirus solution is also updated to the latest version and virus database is updated as well.
- Also make sure your Operating System is updated and upgraded to the latest version if possible and all the software on your computer is up to date (Adobe, Java, Office, Google Chrome, Firefox,etc) to patch as many vulnerabilities as possible on your system
For Security Cameras:
- Take a look at your connectors for corrosion. Be sure to replace any connectors that show signs of corrosion, because it can cause your equipment to short out.
- Make sure the enclosures on your security cameras have no water, condensation or dirt in them.
- In order for security cameras to work their best they must have clear views at all time. Make sure to keep all trees, bushes, and vines perfectly trimmed. There’s nothing worse than having an issue on your property and when you look up the footage, all that’s there is a tree branch blocking the camera.
- Turn off the TV when no one is around, this will ease the strain on the TV’s LCD screen as well as lower the electric bill.
- Make sure your TV is in a well ventilated position, if a TV has no ventilation this leads to the inside of the TV corroding and overheating.
- Delete your unnecessary apps, they not only drain your battery but they also slow your tablet down!
- Clean your tablet’s cache, wiping this folder clean will help improve your tablet’s speed and performance.